The Task members identified several issues which might be useful in an information portal for wind power forecasting. Those are:
- A list of meteorology masts with online data over 100m height, useful for verification of wind speed predictions
- A list of meteorological experiments going on currently or recently, either to participate or to verify a flow model against
- A list of publicly available wind power forecasting benchmarks, to test your model against
- A list of current or finished research projects in the field of wind power forecasting
- A list of future research issues
- A list of open weather data
For all of those, we would be happy to accept input, so head over to the site and see where you can help, or what you can use!
Please find the full text of the task description here.
The task is led by Gregor Giebel from DTU Wind Energy.
Any Question at
+45 93 51 15 11
DTU Wind Energy
DTU Risø Campus
Monday to Friday
9 am – 17 pm Central European Time
Send your mail at