Through 2024, WREN will continue outreach and engagement activities, including:
- Annual enhancements to Tethys functionality and continual updates and additions of new research papers and other media as they become available
- Dissemination of scientifically based research and recommendations to government regulatory organizations and wind developers/operators through various outreach materials and approaches
- Webinars on specific topics, determined on an annual basis
- Expert forums on specific topics, determined on an annual basis
- Annual maintenance and enhancement of the database of technologies
In addition to these annual activities, WREN will also focus on the following:
Complete horizon scan, or a systematic assessment, to elicit feedback from a broader stakeholder community on topics related to persistent and emerging issues. Results from the horizon scan will inform WREN priority topics and activities for 2-4 years.
Establish and maintain a database of technologies for monitoring and mitigating the environmental effects of wind energy.
Continue to engage with the WREN community through webinars, expert forums, and publications.
Evaluate the success and value of WREN. Determine whether another 4-year extension is warranted.
Any Question at
Tel: +1 720-309-9256
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Monday to Friday
9 am – 17 pm Central European Time
Send your mail at