Task 25 Work Plan and Objectives
Please find below our work plan and objectives
The overarching objective of IEA Wind TCP Task 25 is to provide information that facilitates the highest economically feasible wind energy penetration in electricity power systems worldwide. Task 25 supports this objective by analyzing and further developing a methodology that assesses the impact of wind power on power systems.
Task 25 has established an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and experiences related to power system operations with large amounts of wind power. In the sixth term 2021-2024, the Task also plans to:
- Enhance international collaboration and coordination in the field of wind and PV integration.
- Conduct national case studies on the 4 focus areas: Planning, Operation, Stability, and Markets.
- Update Recommended Practices, including methodologies for close to 100% wind and solar events (days…months), with IEA PVPS Task 14
- Enhance dissemination of Task 25 results: A workshop for the TSO audience; Updating fact sheets; publications with IEA, IRENA, and other stakeholders.
- Update the library of Task 25 publications and a list of relevant wind integration case studies and other publications.
- Create one or more reference systems in collaboration with IEA Wind Tasks 26 and 37.
- Benchmark a simpler methodology (IRENA FlexTool) to give first estimates on wind integration efforts in new countries.
Any Question at
Tel: +358 40 5187955
Recognis Oy w. VTT
VTT Technical Research Centre Ltd
Tekniikantie 21, Espoo
Monday to Friday
9 am – 17 pm Central European Time
Send your mail at