The Operating Agents are the executive body for Task 48. The tasks and responsibilities of the Operating Agents are:
- Act as the single point of contact of the task with the IEA.
- Decisions for workshops topics and nomination of workshop leaders.
- Organization of the general meetings and Advisory Board meetings, chairing the meetings, preparing the minutes of the Advisory Board meetings.
- Organization of the workshops in collaboration with the workshop leaders.
- Collecting, reviewing and submitting information on the progress of the task, reports and financial statements to the IEA.
- Compilation of the annual progress and of the contribution to the Annual IEA Wind Report.
- Dissemination, e.g. through the newsletter and homepage.
Task 48 is managed by Airborne Wind Europe – the association of the European airborne wind energy industry.
To participate in the research activities of Task 48, researchers must reside in a country that participates in the IEA Wind Agreement AND has agreed by official letter to participate in Task 48. The participating member country of the IEA Wind TCP must designate a lead institution that agrees to the obligations of Task participation (pay the annual fee and agree to perform specified parts of the work plan).
Active researchers (performing part of the work plan) benefit from meetings and professional exchange during the term of the Task. In the particular case of IEA Task 48 the measurement results will, where possible, be shared into the consortium so that partners get first hand information from unique new data. Countries participating in the Task benefit from the information developed by the Task. The value of the research performed is many times the cost of the country participation fee or the labor contributed to carrying out the work plan.
Any Question at
Tel: +32 2 7396212
Airborne Wind Europe
Avenue de la Renaissance 1, 1000 Brussels,
Monday to Friday
9 am – 17 pm Central European Time
Send your mail at