The Task 32 General Meeting is a forum for the international wind lidar community to meet, discuss recent developments, report from previous events, and organize our future activities.
Almost 50 people attended the 2019 General Meeting at DTU’s Risoe camous, near Roskilde, Denmark. The 2-day event was a combination of a poster / networking session, followed by presentations, discussion, and a tour of the DTU facilities. More details can be found in the minutes.
We are very grateful to Rozenn Wagner and Elin Svennson from DTU Wind Energy for their efforts in organizing the logistics at DTU. Thank you to Ines Würth and David Schlipf for moderating the meeting. Many thanks also to all of the presenters and participants for contributing to the meeting and making it a success. The meeting agenda was created by Andy Clifton with support from the Task 32 Advisory Board.
Programme and Member-only Documents
Most of the presentations listed below can be found in the Task 32 2019 General Meeting library. Please click the button ‘Access our documents’
Day 1 (Wednesday 11 December):
- Round-the-room introductions
- Task 32 introduction (David Schlipf)
- What’s new in the world of Lidar?Short presentations about new ideas, new technologies, and new solutions in the world of wind lidar.
- What the EU-funded ITN “LIKE” means for the wind lidar community. (Jakob Mann, DTU)
- The need for a calibration procedure including an uncertainty budget for nacelle mounted lidars (4-beam & scanning lidars). (Dominque Held, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy)
- DTU spinner lidar for control. (Torben Mikkelsen, DTU Wind Energy)
- Using lidar for rain measurements for wind turbine blade leading edge erosion. (Charlotte Bay Hasager, DTU Wind Energy)
- Yet another dual-Doppler uncertainty model (YADDUM). (Nikola Vasiljevic, DTU Wind Energy)
- The Consortium for the Advancement of Remote Sensing (CFARS). (Reesa Dexter, DNV-GL)
- What are we doing?
Activities in Task 32 and beyond:
- Lidar and Dynamic Energy Yield Assessment (Peter Clive)
- The vendor’s perspective (Chris Slinger, ZX Lidars)
- Current initiatives and working groups in Task 32:
- Nacelle Lidar for power performance measurements in complex terrain (Rozenn Wagner)
- The DNV-GL JIP for LIDAR-measured Turbulence Intensity (Johan Olaison, DNV-GL)
- Wind Lidar in Complex Terrain (Alexander Stoekl, Energiewerkstatt)
- Wind Lidar in Cold Climates (Nicolas Jolin, Nergica)
- Speed dating
- … and dinner
Day 2 (Thursday 12 December)
- World cafe with reporting
- Getting things done session
- Tour of the DTU facilities