The Changing Economics of Offshore Wind Energy in High Renewables Futures
IEA Wind TCP Task 26 workshop
Date: 23 November, 2021, 14-17 CET
Location: WindEurope Electric City 2021 at Bella Center Copenhagen, Center Blvd. 5, 2300 Copenhagen
The workshop will combine presentations and open discussion. Members of Task 26 and guest speakers will present cutting-edge research and new insights into costs and values of offshore wind energy. Topics include:
- Cutting wind energy costs in half by 2050 – results of an expert elicitation
- Expert perspectives on the wind plant of the future
- Value-based metrics to assess offshore wind cost
- The rise of competitive procurement in offshore wind energy
- Peek into the future: economic perspectives on floating wind, energy islands, new business models and financing concepts, new routes to market.
Note that we plan to accommodate virtual participation as well as in-person physical participation for persons that have paid the entrance fee to the WindEurope Conference. Our event is free. Physical participation will require an entrance fee to the WindEurope conference. Online participation via ZOOM (link will be sent to registered participants).
See the agenda and register for the event.
If you need directions to attend the physical event, please follow this link on how to get there.