March 22-23 2023 (online)
In this Topical Expert Meeting (TEM) we will explore the state of technology transfer in the wind energy industry and through IEA Wind Tasks and identify how international collaboration through IEA could boost the availability of useful innovations to the wind energy industry. The TEM will hear and discuss presentations from across the technology transfer ecosystem, including:
- Innovators, represented by universities and other research and innovation organisations
- Startups and businesses seeking to commercialize innovations,
- Technology transfer enablers, represented by government agencies, stakeholder organizations
- IEA Wind Tasks
- Technology adopters, represented by wind energy companies.
The TEM will also hear about the opportunities for international collaboration through IEA Wind TCP and discuss how collaboration could enable and accelerate technology transfer and adoption in the wind energy sector.
The overarching goal of this TEM is to identify how a possible new IEA Wind Task could enable and accelerate technology transfer and adoption in the wind energy sector.
- Present the current high-level technology needs of the wind energy industry
- Present technology transfer from the perspective of the end user in the wind energy industry, and the originators in research organisations
- Present examples of national technology transfer and adoption ecosystems and highlight success
- Present examples of technology transfer through IEA Wind Tasks
- Identify gaps in the approach to technology transfer and adoption
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and exchange between IEA Wind member countries and organizations that could be facilitated through an IEA Wind Task.
Day 1: Wednesday 22nd March 2023: The meeting will run from 14:00 – 17:00 Berlin time.
Day 2: Thursday 23rd March : The meeting will run from 14:00 – 17:00 Berlin time.