- This event has passed.
TEM 105 Harmonised LCA for Wind Energy
September 21 - September 22
The goal of this topical expert meeting is to bring together international experts on the environmental profile of wind energy to initiate a discussion on the key considerations for a guiding framework on life cycle assessment of wind energy.
The discussion will center around the topic of quantitative life cycle assessment of wind energy and guidance on inventory modelling and data, impact assessment, interpretation, reporting, and communication of LCA results.
The objective of this TEM is to jointly develop a factsheet on the current status of LCA of wind energy and recommendations for LCA practitioners and researchers agreed upon during the TEM.
This factsheet will provide:
- Current status of LCA of wind energy
- Recommendations for:
- Life cycle inventory modelling
- Impact assessment
- Interpretation, reporting, and communication
Day 1 :
- Motivation for harmonised LCA
- Presentation session : Offshore case studies
- Workshop : Goals and needs for harmonisation
Day 2 :
- Presentation session : Special cases / methodological approaches / future technologies / communication
- Workshop : Harmonisation of modelling and communication